Sunday, December 15, 2013

Make It or Break It


I realized something today, and it’s just something I’ve always known. But now…it’s hit me really hard in the face.

I’ve been pretty much just sitting around and letting life go as it is. I haven’t really done much to push myself to where I want to be. I hate that. And the more time that passes by, the more time I’m wasting by sitting here not putting any effort into doing what I should be doing.

I have a problem. I love to sleep. And sometimes, when I should be doing something, I’ll put it off so I could sleep. But now, I think I’ve realized that this won’t really be possible if I want to be someone on this planet.

It’s my make it or break it time. This is it. It’s now or never. FREAKING never. And that is a scary concept for me. I don’t want to fail, and I can’t fail. It’s time I stepped it up a crazy notch and started getting things in motion. I need a plan and I need to follow through with those plans. I feel like I’m stuck…but you know what? I haven’t done anything that will help me get unstuck. And that’s just stupid. I am the master of my own fate.  I create my own destiny. I don’t know why I think I’m stuck, because when given the power to do anything with my life, I should take advantage of it. I shouldn’t let anything hold me back from being the very best that I can be.

I don’t know if I want to work under someone. It’s just not something I like to do. I want to be my own boss, and I want to generate my own income. I don’t want to work for someone else and generate their income. It really is disheartening to think that the majority of the fruits of my labor go to someone else. And why should I settle for this?

The answer is…I shouldn’t. And that is why I have come to realize that I need to better myself right now and do whatever is necessary to make sure that I am my own breadwinner. Sure…the initial sacrifice is that I have to work under corporate chains, but I need the startup capital to be able to do something. And this is it. This is where I have to develop myself and this is where I need to shine. This age will never come again, where I have the energy to do intense work that I won’t have when I am older. If I don’t do something with my life right now, I will never be able to do something with it later.

This is my make it or break it. I’m nervous, but I’m also trying to stay positive. I have to look for opportunity all around me and I need to make sure that I can take advantages of them when they are presented. I need to make it, not break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment