Tuesday, February 9, 2021

I Want to be Great

Over the last few months, I’ve been getting deeper into studying for the CFA and because of that I’ve found that my desire to do well at the fund and advance has slowly come down. I think that this is definitely a product of the fact that I can’t 100% dedicate my time to work and instead have to dedicate a decent portion of it to studying for this stupid test. 

At the end of the day, I know what I want - I want to be great. 

I want to be remembered for something, something really awesome. Something that people will one day aspire to be like. That’s what I hope can happen.

But I think that it’s time like these where I have to tell myself that in order to be great, I have to do things that others don’t want to do. I have to do something that involves sacrifice. I have to take myself to the next level when it comes to work ethic, intuition, and innovation. I have to be able to focus more than others. I have to give up my addictions to my phone and social media, I have to put my physical health ahead of other things, and I have to surround myself with people who I can learn from. Those who are doing what I want to be doing. That’s what I need to do. 

I have a good group of friends, but they are so content with where they are in life and it bothers me that they don’t want more. I think Denver is full of people like this honestly... people just come here to live a relaxed life and get in touch with nature more than anything. And while I love all those things, I feel like I want to be the best in my career. I want to dominate everything that I do. I want 7 figures, or more, I want to be somebody people talk about when they think of great and influential people, whether that’s thru a hedge fund or something else... 

I think the immediate step right now is to pass the CFA. It’s to take the time and sacrifice and really pass this exam. I am actually wasting a little bit of time doing this right now, and writing this out, but I think it’s also important to remind myself of the ‘why.’ It gives me more motivation as I go forward in the pursuit of amazing things.

What am I going to do right now? I’m going to go home and attack the books. I want to finish the reading (if I can) by Thursday... Which is going to be tough... but I think that it can be done. I’m going to ace this test. I can feel it. I know that I have it in me. When I get motivated I can do anything that I set my mind to...

Tom Brady, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Lewis Hamilton... never settle, always strive for more. Always push yourself. Always pursue greatness. 

And I will be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment