Monday, August 12, 2013

Finally Getting Somewhere It Seems

So over the last few days, I have actually made progress on getting myself within the field of finance. It's not like a huge leap, but it does get my foot in the door and the most important part is the experience. I actually interviewed for a bank teller position at a local bank. I went through two rounds of interviews.

The first interview was at the human resources office, and the atmosphere there was just so welcoming and kind. I was even given a glass of water for when I was waiting to get called. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly, and her attitude seemed to make everything better. I could relax and talk to her as if she was my friend, and I think the combination of her attitude and my personality really made it seem like I would be a good candidate. She recommended me for a second interview at the specific branch that I was applying for.

I went the next day, and the same welcoming and kind atmosphere greeted me. I got some coffee as I waited to be called. I was actually very early, but the manager said that in business, being early is being on time. So I was glad to hear that. The interview went great, and I felt like I left a really good impression on them as I was walking out of the door. They said that they would contact me regarding whether or not I would be hired. I was expecting to hear from in a few days or so.

I heard back from them in about 20 minutes. The lady from human resources called me and said that the branch would like to offer me the position. And I was so ecstatic to hear that. I was basically jumping up and down...or I would have been doing so if I wasn't dressed up so formally in public. But hey...I got the job! I am set to shadow someone starting on the 19th, and I am so stoked for this opportunity. Legit.

Another thing that I came upon was a school called California Miramar University, which is located in San Diego. They offer an ACCREDITED MBA, either online or hybrid. Their tuition is very good, and going to San Diego doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. I've never left the east coast, and this might be a great opportunity for me to get to know a new place as well as start the rest of my life. I will apply there soon. The reviews that people have done about the school are 90% good, and people are getting jobs in the San Diego area right as they graduate.

That's what I really need. I figure that since I will have banking experience by the time I would potentially get there, I can work full time in a bank and study at the same time. I'll have a lot more experience by the time I graduate and can hopefully use that on my resume for firms that are looking to hire a junior analyst or financial adviser.

Anyways, I have a month of summer left, and I guess all I have to do is work and make money, and go to New York when I get a free moment. I'm really excited for what the future holds, and can't wait to take on the opportunities as they come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment