I know that it has been a while since the last time that I posted something. But I feel that it is definitely time to update this blog about what is going on in my life and what I have chosen to do.
There are a few changes since the last time I wrote. First off, I moved out of my parents' place. I'm sorry, but I couldn't deal with their disappointment about the choices I've made in my life, and couldn't let that hold me back from progressing in the future. It's nice to be able to live on my own and having no one telling me what to do. It offers a type of freedom I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else, and I can explore how to actually do what I need to do in order to be able to stand on my own two feet.
Also, in addition to being a teller at the bank, I am a server two days during the week. These two days are the days that I don't work at the bank. So...I do actually work 7 days in the week and don't have much time for things like guitar or anything. On the days that I work at the bank, I usually work and then go to school at night. On the days that I work at the restaurant, I usually go to school and then head over to the restaurant. It's not a bad job, but sometimes I can get difficult customers who don't show any consistency in their ordering process. But in any case, it's some extra money that I can use to pay for gas during the week.
And finally...what I have decided what I want to do with my life. I have finally committed to a dream, and have every intention of pursuing it wholeheartedly. I want to gain the title of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). It is considered the gold standard in investment certifications, and it is recognized all around the world. My plan is to graduate with my biology degree, and then study for the Level 1 exam. There are three levels. If I can successfully pass that part of the exam, I will go on the hunt for junior analyst positions. Usually, passing the first level of the CFA exam shows the kind of dedication that companies look for in potential employees. Personally, I feel like I have that kind of dedication and motivation for this position and will work as hard as I can to show that by passing the Level 1 exam. After that, I plan on passing the next two levels to be able to attain my charter, and eventually I can move up the ladder.
For now, that's really it. It's a small update for the things that are going on in my life. I might start to create a page where I post information about the knowledge that I am learning about forex trading and whatnot. I am working with different demo accounts, and may decide to post my results on how I am doing, or...reiterating the information I'm learning may be something that will help my studying along.
Oh yeah, I don't have my WRX anymore. I guess that's the last thing that I want to write about on here. It was traded in for a 2013 Honda Pilot that my dad drives. Oddly enough, I am okay with it. I made a huge mistake when I let my parents buy that car for me...I let them buy it. It was a dream car of MINE. I should have worked for it, and I should have been the one to sign the papers and put it under my insurance. I never realized the importance of having my own assets until I saw how possessive my parents got when I did something they didn't agree with. They basically took the car away from me, like I was some kind of kid who got his toys taken away and given a time out. I'm sorry, but I'm old enough to not be treated be like that, and that's what really woke me up.
It was the reason I could emotionally detach myself from the love I had for that car. It was still hard to see it go on that last day...I remember trying to get everything I could out of that last drive to the dealership. But in the end, losing it woke something up inside me. I have this fire that wants to get it back, but on my own terms. I want reach my goals with a burning passion, and when I have amounted enough capital, I'll go get myself an STi. It's just something I have to do to prove to myself that I can be everything I strive to be. Although this is a materialistic goal, I have sentimental reasons too. I truly want to see myself waking up in the future to a job that I love, where I can use my resources to help people around me, even if it's not directly through my job. I want to provide the best life for my future family, and I cannot do that without a great and stable job. I want to see her smile. I want my parents to realize that I've had it in me all along to do something with my life that doesn't amount to a $10/hour salary my whole life.
Until next time...take care all. Never give up on the dreams that you wake up everyday for.
There are a few changes since the last time I wrote. First off, I moved out of my parents' place. I'm sorry, but I couldn't deal with their disappointment about the choices I've made in my life, and couldn't let that hold me back from progressing in the future. It's nice to be able to live on my own and having no one telling me what to do. It offers a type of freedom I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else, and I can explore how to actually do what I need to do in order to be able to stand on my own two feet.
Also, in addition to being a teller at the bank, I am a server two days during the week. These two days are the days that I don't work at the bank. So...I do actually work 7 days in the week and don't have much time for things like guitar or anything. On the days that I work at the bank, I usually work and then go to school at night. On the days that I work at the restaurant, I usually go to school and then head over to the restaurant. It's not a bad job, but sometimes I can get difficult customers who don't show any consistency in their ordering process. But in any case, it's some extra money that I can use to pay for gas during the week.
And finally...what I have decided what I want to do with my life. I have finally committed to a dream, and have every intention of pursuing it wholeheartedly. I want to gain the title of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). It is considered the gold standard in investment certifications, and it is recognized all around the world. My plan is to graduate with my biology degree, and then study for the Level 1 exam. There are three levels. If I can successfully pass that part of the exam, I will go on the hunt for junior analyst positions. Usually, passing the first level of the CFA exam shows the kind of dedication that companies look for in potential employees. Personally, I feel like I have that kind of dedication and motivation for this position and will work as hard as I can to show that by passing the Level 1 exam. After that, I plan on passing the next two levels to be able to attain my charter, and eventually I can move up the ladder.
For now, that's really it. It's a small update for the things that are going on in my life. I might start to create a page where I post information about the knowledge that I am learning about forex trading and whatnot. I am working with different demo accounts, and may decide to post my results on how I am doing, or...reiterating the information I'm learning may be something that will help my studying along.
Oh yeah, I don't have my WRX anymore. I guess that's the last thing that I want to write about on here. It was traded in for a 2013 Honda Pilot that my dad drives. Oddly enough, I am okay with it. I made a huge mistake when I let my parents buy that car for me...I let them buy it. It was a dream car of MINE. I should have worked for it, and I should have been the one to sign the papers and put it under my insurance. I never realized the importance of having my own assets until I saw how possessive my parents got when I did something they didn't agree with. They basically took the car away from me, like I was some kind of kid who got his toys taken away and given a time out. I'm sorry, but I'm old enough to not be treated be like that, and that's what really woke me up.
It was the reason I could emotionally detach myself from the love I had for that car. It was still hard to see it go on that last day...I remember trying to get everything I could out of that last drive to the dealership. But in the end, losing it woke something up inside me. I have this fire that wants to get it back, but on my own terms. I want reach my goals with a burning passion, and when I have amounted enough capital, I'll go get myself an STi. It's just something I have to do to prove to myself that I can be everything I strive to be. Although this is a materialistic goal, I have sentimental reasons too. I truly want to see myself waking up in the future to a job that I love, where I can use my resources to help people around me, even if it's not directly through my job. I want to provide the best life for my future family, and I cannot do that without a great and stable job. I want to see her smile. I want my parents to realize that I've had it in me all along to do something with my life that doesn't amount to a $10/hour salary my whole life.
Until next time...take care all. Never give up on the dreams that you wake up everyday for.
No comments:
Post a Comment