So, over the last couple months, I've started to hang out with more people in SF and have immersed myself in the party culture a bit. But, I think it's a bit more hardcore than I am used to. So far, there are two really surprising things about adult life: 1) fruits and veggies go bad way faster when you buy them with your own money; and 2) everyone does drugs... And I mean everyone. It might be a circumstance of just being in SF but it's wild.
If it were just weed, then it would be fine. It's perfectly legal here and nobody really views it as a hardcore drug anyway. But coke flows through these people's veins like crazy. The other night, I was talking to this girl at this party and we were really hitting it off. Then she was passed a plate of coke, and she basically did a fat line standing right in front of me, and I was like ew.
I've come to a weird crossroads with this stuff. When I didn't drink any alcohol a few years ago, I felt like I was the outcast one because I didn't take part in something that everyone else did. I felt left out often, and could get the general vibe that I didn't really fit in, or that people were a little hesitant to be themselves around me. That changed when I did start drinking, and I felt like that wasn't a limiting factor anymore.
However, now that limiting factor is not doing coke. Like I'll drink and get drunk with everyone, but then they'll go to someone's bedroom and do blow. Like literally I'll be the only one sitting outside in the living room awkwardly waiting for everyone to come back energized as fuck and ready to take on the next few hours of the night. And then people ask me if I've done blow yet, I have to awkwardly say no, almost apologetically. And I wonder why the fuck I feel apologetic about not doing coke.
There was some coke usage in NYC that I was around, but not to this level. The main reason for that is that people do house parties here more than in NYC, where everyone just goes out. So at the house parties, blow and drugs are everywhere, and people are generally more fucked up than I've seen over there. I don't think I'll ever try drugs, that's just always been a big no for me, and likely always will be. And it's also something that bugs me about a potential romantic partner. I can't see myself jiving with that stuff, and it's an immediate turn off unfortunately.
Anyway. I think I might just need a better friend group lol
If it were just weed, then it would be fine. It's perfectly legal here and nobody really views it as a hardcore drug anyway. But coke flows through these people's veins like crazy. The other night, I was talking to this girl at this party and we were really hitting it off. Then she was passed a plate of coke, and she basically did a fat line standing right in front of me, and I was like ew.
I've come to a weird crossroads with this stuff. When I didn't drink any alcohol a few years ago, I felt like I was the outcast one because I didn't take part in something that everyone else did. I felt left out often, and could get the general vibe that I didn't really fit in, or that people were a little hesitant to be themselves around me. That changed when I did start drinking, and I felt like that wasn't a limiting factor anymore.
However, now that limiting factor is not doing coke. Like I'll drink and get drunk with everyone, but then they'll go to someone's bedroom and do blow. Like literally I'll be the only one sitting outside in the living room awkwardly waiting for everyone to come back energized as fuck and ready to take on the next few hours of the night. And then people ask me if I've done blow yet, I have to awkwardly say no, almost apologetically. And I wonder why the fuck I feel apologetic about not doing coke.
There was some coke usage in NYC that I was around, but not to this level. The main reason for that is that people do house parties here more than in NYC, where everyone just goes out. So at the house parties, blow and drugs are everywhere, and people are generally more fucked up than I've seen over there. I don't think I'll ever try drugs, that's just always been a big no for me, and likely always will be. And it's also something that bugs me about a potential romantic partner. I can't see myself jiving with that stuff, and it's an immediate turn off unfortunately.
Anyway. I think I might just need a better friend group lol
No comments:
Post a Comment