So, over the last day, a lot has actually changed in my life. I'm just going to go ahead and say it:
I officially am not going to pursue medicine anymore.
Yep, it happened. And my parents have no choice but to accept it. There's a long story behind why, but I won't go into it. The point is that I can finally focus and follow my dreams. I'm going to be getting a second bachelor's in finance, and I will be leaving my current college after I get my biology degree. Finance has been something I have been so interested in for a long time. I would actually sit around and just read about stocks and what drives the market, and what kind of patterns there are that may drive a company's stock up or down.
They say that what you do in your free time is what you should be doing with your life.
I think I have finally found that outlet. And I know that this is a drastic change, but it has to happen. Also, I'd like to think that the last three years haven't been a total waste. I gained a lot of knowledge in biology, chemistry, and physics. Knowledge is really powerful. It is the gateway to innovation. And in the future, after I have gained more knowledge in business and finance, I think I can still put my science knowledge to work.
For example, with my knowledge of science, I can analyze the research that pharmaceutical companies are doing, and if I feel that there is something that has innovative potential, I can invest in the company. This way, I am providing a way to push forward scientific progress, as well as potentially investing in a successful company. The combination of science and finance can be a huge powerhouse of, not only money, but for something that may actually change the world. The knowledge and progress that proper financial support can produce is infinite.
This is truly a goal of mine. I really can't wait until I start learning all this. I know, in my heart, that this feels right. This is finally something I don't have doubts about. I know which direction I want my life to go in, and I have the brains and motivation to get myself there. This is it, guys. I'm ready to start the rest of my life.
I officially am not going to pursue medicine anymore.
Yep, it happened. And my parents have no choice but to accept it. There's a long story behind why, but I won't go into it. The point is that I can finally focus and follow my dreams. I'm going to be getting a second bachelor's in finance, and I will be leaving my current college after I get my biology degree. Finance has been something I have been so interested in for a long time. I would actually sit around and just read about stocks and what drives the market, and what kind of patterns there are that may drive a company's stock up or down.
They say that what you do in your free time is what you should be doing with your life.
I think I have finally found that outlet. And I know that this is a drastic change, but it has to happen. Also, I'd like to think that the last three years haven't been a total waste. I gained a lot of knowledge in biology, chemistry, and physics. Knowledge is really powerful. It is the gateway to innovation. And in the future, after I have gained more knowledge in business and finance, I think I can still put my science knowledge to work.
For example, with my knowledge of science, I can analyze the research that pharmaceutical companies are doing, and if I feel that there is something that has innovative potential, I can invest in the company. This way, I am providing a way to push forward scientific progress, as well as potentially investing in a successful company. The combination of science and finance can be a huge powerhouse of, not only money, but for something that may actually change the world. The knowledge and progress that proper financial support can produce is infinite.
This is truly a goal of mine. I really can't wait until I start learning all this. I know, in my heart, that this feels right. This is finally something I don't have doubts about. I know which direction I want my life to go in, and I have the brains and motivation to get myself there. This is it, guys. I'm ready to start the rest of my life.
I wish you the best of luck, if it makes you happy and if its your passion...go for it. Remember, don't strive for success, strive for your passion...and success will be following you
ReplyDeleteThank you dude. It means a lot. I don't know how to really break it to the rest of my family, but this is not something I will really change my mind about. I need it to happen, because I know that I can make something of my life from this.
Delete