Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 - The Year I Smiled the Most

So I just reread the last post that I had and I must say that things are a lot better since that time. Things have been going uphill, so I'm really liking where things are headed right now. Though there is something that I should mention about the last post. I talked about the girl that invited me to the SLU party and how close she ended up getting too close to me. She's now my girlfriend. Well this next bit is going to be about her.

The next night after I went home from watching the movie at my buddy's place, I texted her and told her that I wasn't ready for anything serious, and I explained how my past relationships had hurt me and that I just didn't see myself become vulnerable and let myself be in that sort of situation. It clearly upset her, because she really thought that I had used her for sex. The day after that, I thought about her all day, and I basically texted her later that night and asked her if she would still be willing to go out on a date with me. She was initially confused because, well, how could things change so rapidly? I told her that I was afraid of letting my guard down and getting hurt, and I realized that I couldn't live that way. She expressed that she was afraid that I would change my mind again and that it would hurt her. I told her that the only way that I would change my mind now was if things actually didn't work out between us. Other than that, I was not willing to let my past get in the way this time.

She agreed thankfully, and we hung out a bit before actually going on our first date. And let me say this one thing - I am so grateful that she's in my life right now. She's legitimately amazing, and she really treats me like a human being and cares about me. We're together and the relationship does not feel like it's taxing or taking up a lot of my time or causing me stress. She's out in Honduras right now teaching nurses of the third world nursing procedures and saving lives. That's her - she's saving lives. I'm really amazed at the passion that she has for nursing and her face lights up when she talks about it. It's one of the things that really I love about her. Better yet, she's interested in my life, she always asks me about the things that I am interested in, even if it means she won't understand what concepts I'm talking about. And it's like wow, you actually care about things that I care about? This is the first time a girl has actually been that way about my life.

I asked her to be my date to the wedding I'm going to in May and she was all to ecstatic about it. And truth be told, I really am too. Admittedly, I'm more excited about the fact that she's my date than the fact that I'm going to a wedding. We're also going to this auto show at the end of this month that she told me about. AUTO SHOW. Like what? She just saw a Groupon and bought it for the both of us. So thoughtful of her :)

I'm really excited for 2016 both for me, her and us. It's going to be a really awesome year, and I can't wait to see how everything plays out. The important thing is to remember that things will always be okay. Everything that happens in life leads to something more important, and maybe, just maybe we can all be happy. 2015 was an amazing, epic year - it will be really hard to top it. So I guess I want to do that next - list out the awesome things that happened in 2015.

---

2015:

January
- I spent New Year's Eve in Philadelphia in a suite, and then met up with friends to ring in the New Year. The next day I went to NYC to be with family. This was my first time actually going out and celebrating New Year's.
- Did #projectsmile which was my personal initiative to find something to smile about everyday. I wanted to prove to myself that even the small, positive things in a day can mean a lot. It was a huge part of why I was able to stay positive throughout the rest of the year.

February
- Bought an RSX Type S! It was a long time coming, and I finally found one for a very good price.
- Went to VA over President's Day weekend, and went sledding for the first time! The plan was to go to V-Tech but the snow didn't allow for it. We still made the best of it!

March
- I get the art fender on the Miata and the weather starts getting warmer. I also start repairing it from the damage that it had in the accident back in January.
- I go on my first domestic flight to Dallas for business. After a couple days of work, the weekend was filled with a lot of fun. We went to Fogo de Chao, which was amazing, and then a bar with a dance floor where I went HAM to the music. I also rode a mechanical bull and shot my first guns there! I won't forget Dallas or the awesome people I met there.
- When I got back, I took Rimond out for his 21st and we got kicked out of Haven because he got way too drunk hahaha.

April
- I went to NYC for business regarding apparel, and my buddy Smith ended up visiting me after I was finished! We went and saw Fast and the Furious 7 in the city, and we ended up missing our train back to Jersey, so we spent the night exploring NYC, including Times Square and the Brooklyn Bridge. It was such a great time.
- The next day, Will Smith and I went to his house, but I came back to the city so I could go to the NYC International Auto Show! It was EPIC. I saw a Bugatti Veyron and Koenigsegg Agera R for the first time in my life. I also saw the new Toyota FT-1 and Acura NSX!

May
- This was arguably one of the best months of the entire year!
- I sold the RSX! I basically broke even.
I got accepted to Wash U, and was literally the most excited human being on the planet! I am currently pursuing my M. Sc. in Finance and could not be happier.
- I bought a 2015 BRZ!
- We did Barik Burgers 2015 in Philadelphia, and fed over 100 homeless people a whole meal!
- I officially left my job at Merck and moved to St. Louis, a new city as a complete stranger. My parents drove behind me as I drove my BRZ on the 1,000 mile journey.

June
- Life in St. Louis started, and I start my classes in finance. I meet the others from the program and I immediately felt right at home.
- I went up in the Arch and saw all of St. Louis laid out before me!

July
- I discover the awesomeness of St. Louis night life! This was the first time we went to Molly's and Ball Park Village.
- I host my first part EVER at my place! It was a huge success and we all went out and partied afterwards in BPV!

August
- August was filled with craziness! This was the peak of my party life as I got in trouble for doing donuts in a parking lot of Wash U property. We were having a huge party, and we all just decided to do them as I'm the only sober one there. In retrospect, we could have been smarter about it...Though, I can't lie, I felt like I was on top of the world when I was doing them...not so much when I got the email that I was being reprimanded. I thought I was going to get expelled. Thankfully, it was nothing serious, and I was let off very easy!
- I go home for a bit to visit my parents! This was stressful...I took a bus to Chicago, ended up missing my flight, and then had to buy another ticket on another flight without getting a refund for my original flight. Then I had to get picked up, dropped off at a train station to go home, and then got picked up at the station. However, home life was great. I got to relax and eat a lot of food.
- I also took care of my parent's rental home. They were having trouble finding a tenant, and I sought out someone and set everything up for my parents.
- I meet my current girlfriend at Starbucks, when she was walking in with her three dogs. I asked to pet them, and she let me. Unfortunately, I did not get her number or anything.
- I participate in a roadshow to Chicago, which was my first time being in that city! It was so awesome meeting professionals and being part of the fast paced life for a couple days! I hope I get a job in that city!

September
- The fall semester at Wash U starts!
- I meet my current girlfriend again at a bar, and I ask her about her dogs. We talk for a while, and I get her number.
- I do my first mods to the BRZ, tints and an exhaust!

October
- Visit graffiti wall in St. Louis
- Halloween! I see my current girlfriend dancing by herself on stage at a local club...and I'm like damn, this girl is a lot of fun. Though admittedly I could have gone about the next 48 hours differently (see previous section)...

November 
- Nov. 1st. - the day my current girlfriend decides she would give me another chance because of me being a complete asshole to her over the last 48 hours (see previous section).
- I get flown to Chicago for an insight day at Goldman Sachs! On the flight, I took a picture of Decatur, Illinois which then was used as a picture for Decatur's re-imaging campaign!
- I go on my first date with her! She looked absolutely stunning. STUNNING. Like how the heck do people look this good?
- I meet my girlfriend's parents for Thanksgiving dinner (first time I've met anyone who I've been seeing's parents!). She decided to make turtle cheesecake and apple pie for dessert. Delicious food and great company! Oh yeah, she looked AMAZING. Like how in the world do people get this beautiful?

December
- I spend more time with her, and go to more things together, including a Christmas party. We dressed up in ugly sweaters...only to find out it wasn't an ugly Christmas party at all. We were the only two there with Christmas sweaters on, and I was totally okay with it. This was the first time I've ever done something like that with someone I was seeing.
- We gave each other Christmas gifts, which is something I didn't know I'd be doing this year.
- Winter break started, and I went to Pittsburgh for the first time! Took awesome pics!
- The weekend after, I went to Richmond for the first time! Again, took awesome pics, had a great time with my cousins, and went to a local club where I went HAM!
- The weekend after, I find myself in New York City, watching the ball drop for New Year's Eve! This was the first time I've ever done this!!! The night continued with my cousin and me going to Brooklyn and going HAM at a club.

What a fucking blast 2015 was. I hope 2016 is just as good, if not better. I have to admit that this post was rather therapeutic. I was pretty unproductive and writing all this down, going through my gallery and seeing the awesomeness from this past year really makes me realize how lucky I am to be living the life I am right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment