Monday, December 11, 2017

Get Drunk on the Good Life, I'll Take You to Paradise

Well, I’ve learned something new about myself. If I get way too drunk, I’ll text my ex and tell her that I love her, particularly on a night where I decide walking 30 minutes home in the snow at 2 am was the best idea.

That was so fucking embarrassing. Why do I do this?

I guess it was a combination of a bunch of things. I was wasted. I was at a holiday party at which she was my date last year. Roses was playing in the club. Ironically, as soon as that song ended, I left. Yeah, when all the chips are down, it’s apparent: I still care about her. I guess it was building up – I asked her for the cheesecake recipe because I just wanted to see her respond to something a few days prior. I don’t think I’ll ever make it.

I read my string of texts the next morning… man. So weak. Yes all of it was true, but I am not doing myself any favors by revisiting it to that degree. Guess that’s what 7 Redbull vodkas and a few shots does to me. I’ve never been that wasted in my life. Ever. Usually I stop at 3-4 drinks. I definitely took full advantage of that open bar and bottle service…plus it was at one of the best clubs in CLE.

I hope that’s the last time I mess up like that. I miss her a lot, but that was over the top.

I have to focus on crushing it in NYC. And traveling the world. And starting up that scholarship fund for the kids in Bangladesh. And taking my photography and videography to the next level. And continuing my fitness journey, since I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in my life. And getting that Jaguar F-Type. And getting back into weekend racing.

There are a lot of things I can do, that I can spend my mind thinking of and engaging in.

Outside of that mishap, it was probably the best weekend of my Cleveland life. From two Christmas parties on Friday, the office Christmas party on Saturday, and Katy Perry on Sunday…best weekend ever. It was my last weekend in Cleveland, and I’m glad I went all out. I’m going to miss this place. I can’t believe the time to leave has come so quick.

But you know what it's time to do?

Time to make amazing memories in the city that never sleeps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment